Friday, January 16, 2009

In The End...



Well, that's it. The Tiki Gods were indifferent to my prayers.This picture isn't the greatest, but even seeing the real thing, I must say that I'm not terribly impressed. The seemingly pinkish spot in the center of the tiki is actually a light source that was a bit too close when I took the picture. The true color shows at the top and bottom of the picture. It's kind of a nondescript muddy drown. I think I should have gone with the darker toned Early American shade of stain. Right now, this finish has a really yellow cast to it courtesy of the pine. Maybe after the stain cures completely, the color may tone down a bit. I hope. I did get a nice color match from the front to the back, so I'm glad about that. It's just as a whole that the piece doesn't really thrill me. I think it should do decently at the auction, but I don't think I'll really miss it when it departs from my collection. So, what do you, my slightly irregular readers, think? Let me know.

No comments: