Monday, March 21, 2011

No Creamy Filling

*Found out while browsing around on the computer last night that if we stay at the Mirage when we go to Vegas, there's a tattoo parlor right in the hotel. Mind you, it's a big, fancy world renowned one (supposedly), which in my book translates into ridiculously high prices. Still, the thought of getting some more work done has a degree of appeal to it. But, at the same time, you're wearing someone else's art until you die. It may be your idea, but it's their technique and execution. So, I'm on the fence about whether or not I'm going to get another one while I'm there. Then again, I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'll be getting another one at all. Especially depending on what I hear from the dermatologist. But, now that I mentioned getting another one at all, Sheri was asking if that was what I wanted for my birthday. So, if I say no, I have to figure out what else to have her get for my birthday. But that's another story. Another good thing about the Mirage that I discovered was that the pool(s) are heated. Yippee! Of course the definition of 'heated' can vary greatly. Still, I'm hoping to spend some time splashing around in the water under the desert sun. I should probably see what the average temp is there for that time of year. Found out that tickets for the original Cirque production are $183. Per person. Sheri was not happy to hear that. Don't know if she's still going to want to see it, though. Nothing really on my radar as far as shows go this time around. Should probably check and see what's playing, just in case. And, as usual, our visit just misses a slew of other events that we'd be interested in. Lewis Black, Steve Martin, burlesque weekend, and the rockabilly festival will be things that we're gonna miss by anywhere from a day to a week on either end of our trip. Mind you, that won't stop me from going to Frankie's. I may need to drown my sorrows and round out my mug collection a bit, you know.

*Had another good 3rd Saturday at the Chef! The band was great, once they managed to get the sound levels evened out so we could hear the vocals. We got there early to eat, and the parking lot was full. The place stayed pretty full until we left shortly before closing time. Also had the added entertainment of an intoxicated Mexican dancer during the second set. They only had to throw her out twice before it took. The hot and sour soup was way more hot than it was sour this time around, proving once again that it's never the never the same thing twice in a row. It was also nice to be part of surprising everyone with the unannounced appearance of the Tagalongs. And even though we managed to get pretty much everyone in the same place, we seem to have ended up with very little new information about our travel plans for Ohana. But we're going to go ahead and get our passports, just in case we end up returning via the northern route. Most of the rest of it is still up in the air.

*You would think by now that I would have learned to wear a dust mask while sanding. Which reminds me that I need to do my yearly respirator fit test for work pretty soon. Really want to move back out into the garage to work, but I know the second I do that we'll end up with snow on the ground again. So, the coat of dust in the winter studio will continue to grow thicker until the summer studio season starts up.

*I am still waiting to hear back from the dermatologist. Went and got the stitch out today, but the nurse I saw wasn't sure if my report had come back yet. Now it's well past closing time for the office, so I get to sit and wait for at least another day.

*

No comments: