Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unlimited Twang

*All of the new games that I have recently acquired have been punched and bagged. Just in time for me to hit Just For Fun next weekend. Was thinking about getting a M:TG starter set, just so I can say I have one, but I'm not sold on that idea. Not sure if there are any new Quarmageddon boosters out yet, and the last time I was down there they didn't have any HeroScape terrains for sale. Guess I could always start filling in the gaps in my Munchkin collection. Thought about getting the next (ie, first for me) expansion for Memoir '44, too. Oh, well. Guess I'll just have to see what grabs my eye when I'm there.

*I find it just ever so slightly rude when someone who I know for a fact colors their hair tells me that I'm going gray. Not that I wasn't aware of that fact, I just don't feel the need to have it pointed out to me.

*While it was very nice to go out last night and hang out with an old friend, the experience simply reinforced the notion that I hate karaoke. Not necessarily the concept or the spirit behind it, but the parctice of it while I am trying to have a conversation. And also that some people's version of a horseshoe is just plain pitiful. And that knowing that the restroom  is situated right over the back entrance door is just a tad gross.

*Plans are mostly sorta kinda flexibly set for next weekend. Still need to touch base with Steve though, and see what he's got going on. And making a reservation somewhere soon would be a pretty darn good idea as well. But even more important than that is the fact that I need to pick out what games I'm going to take down. And how to make sure that I don't freak out my brother.

*Got the notion of either trying to start or joining a gaming group rattling around in my head again. But that idea is rattling up against the fact that my schedule is not compatible with most other people's. That I find annoying. It's also the one of the main things that keeps me from doing more stuff with the FOM. I've kicked around the notion of trying to figure out some way to merge those two interests, and haven't really come up with any ideas that I find plausible.






*Much as seems to be the usual for me, I have missed/ignored 3 yellow flag warnings about my depression over the past couple of months. And also as usual, I had to get slapped upside the head with a red flag warning before it all snapped into perspective.So now I once again have to climb out of this hole as well as trying to repair all the damage that was done in the process.


*****

No comments: