Thursday, July 29, 2010

Spooky Poodle Noodles

*Crap. I just realized that I haven't had any coffee yet today.

*Double crap. I just realized that I'm probably going to have to wait till the end of the year for season 6 of Lost on DVD.

*Triple crap. The cost of the cars and the refi may have killed our chances at even a brief end-of-year vacation.

*Seems that a contingent of the FOM will be descending on Trader Vic's in Chicago tonight. I, however, will be at work. So, no mai tais or hot Hawaiian waitresses for me. Need I even mention just how much that completely and totally sucks?

*I offered. That is my complete defense to the whole incident. If I see her about to try and cut something, I offer to do it for her. Sometimes she accepts, other times it's taken as an accusation of incompetence. My reasoning is simple in that I'm used to working with cut up fingers more than she is, and, at the very worst, I get paid sick time off of work. Neither of those is the case with her, and she often does very scary things with knives. My offer today was met with the response of 'I can do it myself'. And she did fine, right up until the very last cut she made. It was that last little shifting of her grip that made the whole piece of bread move, and the blade of the knife went right across the side of her finger. Fortunately, her fingernail stopped the blade from going down to the bone. Unfortunately, she got a couple of days off of work and a tetanus shot. All I could say was that I could really, truly, earnestly, and deeply empathize with what she did, and next time, I'll slice the bread.

*Got a Friday off and no real plans to speak of. I do need to finish potting Julie's signs, and there's a desk full of paperwork that needs to be done, but those don't really count since they are absolutely no fun at all. Also need to get some gas for the mower, which again leads me right to something that isn't any fun. I could tackle the basket of shredding that needs to be done, but that's only entertaining for about 10 minutes or so. Right now, it's looking like Friday will just be filled with all kinds of unfun 'catch-up' type projects. Whoo-freakin-hoo.

*Just got word that all tropical drinks at the Chef on Saturday are going to 34% off. And they were already super cheap to start with! Still, knowing that whatever I save on beverages still wouldn't be enough to pay for a divorce, I don't see more than a couple on the horizon for me. I am betting that the place is going to be packed to the rafters, since there are already going to be 2 large tables just of FOM folks. What I have yet to be able to figure out is where the bands are going to be set up to play. I think that taking sonic refuge in the bar area with the Boss may be necessary to keep her from getting a migraine. Not really sure what time we'll be heading out that way, either. The bands start playing at seven, so it would probably be good to get there and get some food before the place goes completely insane. I'm thinking that if I take (and actually use) my camera, I could possibly use it to keep myself out of any major alcohol related trouble. Complete evasion of trouble of any sort, though, is something that remains basically impossible for me.

*The Goat remains ominously silent.

*The concept had seemed so totally ludicrous as to be laughable at first, but I am beginning to think that it just may be what will fit the bill to such an exacting degree as to be painfully astonishing. I just need to polish the inflection a bit and work my way through the accent, and then the Work Character will be all ready for public display and usage. I thinking of maybe Tuesday as a rollout date, but we'll see how things go.

*Kittyluv seems to have vanished completely off the face of the planet, and I think she took Dhawk with her. Bluegirl flits in and out of the fringes on occasion, and the rest are but infrequent visitors in my dreams.

*

No comments: