Saturday, June 6, 2009

T Minus 30.5 and Counting...

**The mosquitoes are indeed out. They do still love to feast upon me. I do still have an overabundant reaction to their bites. Still, there are times when you just have to lay in the grass and stare up at the full moon.

**I had no idea that Jimmy Buffett had done a song for the 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' soundtrack. Guess that puts me in the 'remedial parrothead' class.

**Got some elephant ear bulbs(?) from Menard's the other day. Gonna try those this year instead of the banana plants. The banana plants they had in stock were not the same type as I had planted last year, and the kind that I had planted were supposed to be the most cold hardy of the species. Then again, I could just be a crappy gardener.

**A week's vacation is looming around the corner for me. Oddly enough I don't seem to be terribly enthused by the prospect. I have no real 'fun' plans lined up, and a backlog of actual work that needs to be done. Summer is determined to never arrive in any recognizeable form. So, at this moment, I am not really thrilled.

**Creating a blue butterfly in a space 2"x2" is not the easiest thing to accomplish.

**The Freecycling event has come and gone without any donation from me. I'm kinda miffed by that. There is still a pile of stuff squatting right in the center of my garage floor. One of the main reasons for this would be Pinklady's preference to not have to go through the stuff that's out there. And, I am still reluctant to sift and sort my way through things that are strictly hers. So, there it all sits.

**I need to run up north and pick up those other two 4' logs before they start to rot on the ground.

**Hoping the rain doesn't keep us from getting out to Kane County this weekend. Plus, I'm hoping Scott brings those necklaces he was talking about.

No comments: