Sunday, February 14, 2010

Occupied Mermaid Platform Gear Spindles

*The change in the quality of the sunlight is quite noticeable now. As the sun gets higher in the sky, that blue tone of the light continues to diminish, and it just seems automatically warmer. Plus, when I went to the cafeteria to have dinner last night, there was just the slightest touch of sunset still coloring the sky at 6PM. I was quite happy to see that.

*The winter Olympics have started, apparently despite a raging lack of actual winter. While I am amused by that part, I have no real inclination to actually watch any of the events.

*"The Girl From Monaco" is the latest thing we've rented. It's a French film (sorry, no English soundtrack on this one), about a lawyer who heads to Monaco to take on a particularly tough case and what happens when he gets involved with a bubbly local TV celebrity. The scenery in this film is lovely, especially when compared to the winter IL landscape. The relationships between the main characters are complex and more than once I wished I could know what they were thinking. Of course, that would be besides the thoughts I kept having that one of the male lead characters looked like he could be Eric Idle's brother, and the other looked like an ass kicking version of Barrack Obama. Anyway, for some reason, this film reminded me of Steve Martin's "Shopgirl", probably from it's exploration of May-September romances. I'm still pondering the ending, though. Overall, a very interesting film.

*Sucks when you loose a friend. Sucks more when it's your fault. What sucks even more than that is when you leap straight to the conclusion that the fault lies completely with you.

*I am still wondering where I should be posting all my pictures. I don't care for Picasa, and since they have a limited storage capacity (unless you pay), I don't really want to go with them. I don't do much out of Yahoo, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to go that way. Facebook is just Facebook, and again not really somewhere I do a lot out of. But then again, I don't know why this is even an issue, since I already have a lot of content on Flickr. Hmmmm..... Forget I said anything. Go on about your business.

*Never thought that Eeyore could end up being such a tease.

*The Boss is up to something again, and is once again miffed that she can't pull it off by herself. The Watch Incident has made her a little gun-shy, and apparently she's eyeing something rather expensive for my birthday. But the problem is that it's something of a somewhat technical or specialized nature. She won't say what it is, but she's been talking to people (note: people, not person), and they've been asking her questions that she can't answer. I have no idea what it could be. I mean, I got my other DMT stones in the mail the other day and I'm pretty damn satisfied with that. I can't even think of anything I may have let slip as a 'Oh, I'd like to have ____'. Especially in that price range. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

*SIL1 should be arriving in DeKalb sometime tomorrow with the niece in tow.

*The lunchbox has been rebuilt! It should be good for another 5-10 years of service now. So, OK, maybe 'rebuilt' is too strong a term. 'Restructured' may be a bit more accurate. 'Reinforced' definitely qualifies. But, if you're gonna go and get all damn picky about it, 'fitted with a Tupperware insert' would hit it right on the nose.

*The second time around, the Germans managed to hold on to Pegasus bridge for the win (4-1).

*

No comments: