Monday, October 13, 2008

Disbelief

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: This Old House

In which our hero is moderately surprised

[Saturday afternoon, October 4th, Peoria Heights, IL]

"Can't believe that what used to be grandma's house is still standing. I can't comprehend how much work would have had to go into it to make it habitable, much less bring it up to code and repair the damage done by decades of neglect. Then again, for all I know, it could still be in the 'family'."

This was the only stop I made on the trip that brought me in close proximity to anything family related. Partly because it was on the way to Cromag's office, and partly because I had no real belief that there was any chance of encountering any family members. Now it's just another group of my memories paved over with something vaguely familiar, but not at all what I remember.

No comments: