Sunday, October 26, 2008

Overload

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: No Mas....
In which our hero hits his limit.
[Sunday, October 5th(?)]
"Seems that my head feels very full right now. Lots of stuff sloshing around."

The ongoing online dissection of these events bear witness to that fact. What it does not explain is why I developed such a fondness for the words 'seem' and 'seems' in that time span. Or why I feel kinda sad that none of this really panned out. I put little or no effort into maintaining any connections, and I was too naive to be able to see what was really going on. I'm now looking at my teenage fantasy world with slightly more adult eyes, and it's damn sure disappointing. It was probably pretty disappointing then, too, but I was way too lazy to change it. So now I get what I always got, and I don't like it any more now than I did then. Go figure. Inertia is a very powerful force that takes a lot to overcome. I know that. I'm just lazy.

No comments: