CHAPTER TWENTY: Writing on the Side of the Road
In which our hero become indecisive. Maybe.
[Saturday morning, October 4th, Peoria Heights, IL]
(1) I did make it into Creve Cour for the first time ever, and purely by accident, but I never found the antique mall.
(2) Apparently you can physically move a store faster than you can update an online phone directory.
(3) Not sure if having the camera would have made a difference, since by that point in time I may have taken 10 pictures.
(4) This was probably around 1 in the afternoon, if I remember it right. The way the weekend went, I think it's safe to say that I didn't.
(5) Motivation seemed to have abandoned me at this point. I felt highly isolated and very out of place.
(6) It does still exist, and I did not eat there.
(7) I did neither of these, but it did stick in my mind, as will be seen later.
(8) Another area I chose not to visit.
(9) This would have proven to be very true.
(10) At least not as I remember them.
(11) And a good portion of the stores weren't even open.
(12) It left me feeling quite uneasy. Most of the places were familiar enough to register in my memory, but different enough that they couldn't completely connect to those memories. It was kind of like having a new pair of glasses where the lenses didn't quite match and your eyes were constantly struggling to focus.