Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What? No Fruitcake??

It's Wednesday. The supposed midpoint of the week. Since I have to work on weekends (again, supposed) I've discovered that whole context doesn't really have any great meaning for me. All I know is that I'm off tomorrow, and just about every form of precipitation known to man is supposed to start coming down in the afternoon. I've got to take Reka to the vet in the morning, and as soon as I'm done with that, it's off to the folk's house for the holiday celebration. If I had my way, I'd just hole up in the studio for the day. I'm getting the impression that's just not gonna happen.

'Paula IV' has been completed, and as usual, I'm not completely satisfied with it, which means that 'Paula V' (and beyond) will soon be in the works. I also have a notion that I want to work on courtesy of Dhawk, and another couple from Bluegirl that need some attention. I found another piece that I had done in one of my other sketch pads that I think I like enough to get framed. Of course, I need to get it mounted first. I have also been toying with the notion of sending '623' out to Jeweltiger, but I'm not sure I really want to do that. Also still working on doing clean up carving and sanding on a tiki from the past with the notion of donating it to the TAILS auction, which is coming up in February. I suppose it would be a good idea to first contact them and even see if it's something they'd be interested in having in their auction. Aside from it fitting in with the tropical theme, I don't know what they'll think of it. Which reminds me that I need to go get more 60 grit sandpaper. And put gas in my car. I think we need ice melter, too.

Got another blood donation in the books today. I'm still not sure if I'm working on gallon number three or gallon number four. Either way, it'll be a year and a half or less before I find out for sure.I really can't see how the girl in the screening area can get away with having those long, fake nails, but that's not for me to say. And for those of you who may be wondering, a tetanus shot is not cause for an automatic deferral.

My shoulder and neck are still somewhat messed up, even after two sessions with Pinklady. Today is definitely better than yesterday, but range of motion is still a little limited. I will only grudgingly acknowledge that a potential contributor to this problem was the somewhat excessive amount of time I spent on the computer this past weekend.

**$99 for two tickets to see Blue Man Group?? How cool is that? Now, who could I go with?

**What will come of Jeweltiger's 'project'?? I must admit to a high degree of curiosity regarding that potential outcome.

**Spamalot is returning to Chicago! I'll have to investigate ticket prices for that one.

**Dhawk has gone completely off the radar again, leaving me somewhat worried about how she's doing.

**A book returned, and lots of eye candy given from Lady Justice this past Saturday. Bluegirl contributed a ridiculously large box of candy candy that is still riding around in the back of my car.

**I find myself leaning more and more towards removing the aquarium in favor of building a bar for the tiki lounge.

**Having made my way through several sections of the train station without collecting a single soul, I now find myself stuck. And irritated. And low on chaingun ammo.

**Here's hoping Dimples kicks some ass on her stats final!

**Sutures can be removed with a pair of tweezers and a properly sharpened chisel.

**Saw some things today that I thought the Princess Cowgirl might like. Almost picked up a couple of them. Maybe in a day or so.

**It's really hard to mail something to someone when you don't know their address (you 2 know who you are....).

**Almost time to go break the mega-ginourmous-chocolate bar we get here in the lab every year.

2 comments:

Eve said...

Hmmm....Do you already have someone in mind to join you for the Blueman Group show?

Ta ta,
Eve

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm gonna miss the GIGANTIC Chocolate bar! :o(