Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A few more words...

CHAPTER ONE: Thinking Waaaaay Ahead
Been batting around an idea or two as far as the upcoming class of '88 reunion goes. Even though parts of it are crumbling into dust (literally!) I still have, and may just be able to fit into, the ancient brown leather jacket that was a constant part of my wardrobe for a good part of my high school career. Maybe If I wear that, I would stand a better chance of being recognized. Or not.
The other notion involves the hill at the east end of the McClugage (sp?) bridge. Technically, I believe that it may be considered at the very least trespassing and littering. Perhaps vandalism or criminal damage to property since no one has a sense of humor anymore. Since I don't have the particulars of the whole notion worked out, it could be a moot point anyway.

CHAPTER TWO: Separate but Equal
It seems there may be some truth in the old adage 'good fences make good neighbors'. Our neighbor to the north had a fence put around her yard this past weekend. This was not only for her current dog, but so she could get him a friend. The good part about the fence she had put in was that she had it done by the same company that did our fence. It's the same height and style with only the main posts being slightly different at the tops. Once it fades like ours has, they should blend together really nicely. The bad part was that she made use of the entire north length of our fence when she had hers installed. Since our fence sits right on the property line on that side of the yard, there wasn't much we could do about it. the good part is, now that the fences are all tied together, no one can cut in between our houses to get over to the other street. The down side is that the fence hides, somewhat, the stonework we just had done on the foundation. I may even have to cut a bit off of the gargantuan bush under the kitchen window so I can get the mower back into that little nook. It also eliminates the possibility of me taking down the old antenna tower by felling it like a tree. If I intend on doing that now, I guess I'll be climbing it and taking it down a section at a time. We were also tossing around the idea of taking the flowerbed around the corner of the house to the maple tree, but that would be a project for next year, if I decide to do it. I'm also curious to know how this fence will affect the snow that comes around the NE corner of the house in the winter. Not that I really want to find out any time soon, I'm just curious.

CHAPTER THREE: Where's Bob Villa When You Need Him?
Phil has not yet completed the last few details of the upstairs hall bathroom, and Pinklady is pissed. The outside of the house got power washed in anticipation of the painter starting this week, but the weather may put those plans on hold. When the paint is done, the foundation needs to be caulked, the new shutters need to go up, and now Pinklady is talking about getting a new mailbox and lights for the garage. It just never seems to end. Or get any cheaper.

CHAPTER FOUR:The Port St Angeles Blues
Sounds like the weather in the far NW corner of the U S of A is pretty crappy with occasional outbursts of downright crappy, pretty much the same as what's outside my window right now. Nevertheless, I'd love to be able to head west and go see Dhawk for a few days, but it still seems like I may never get a day off of work again. Not to mention that if I did go out there it would be mandatory that I stop by the flagship store of Utilikilts and buy a kilt or two. Or five. Or ten. And I've heard that there are like some hills or mountains or something out there that are kind of pretty. National parks or some such things. The main thing keeping me from going is that I just don't know if they have Starbucks out there or not. It is the only west coast gallery displaying my work, so I should at least put in an appearance.

CHAPTER FIVE: In The Beginning....
In conjunction with my depressive moods as of late, it comes as no surprise that I am questioning whether or not I should put some effort into locating my birth parents. I mean really, if I can't find people on Myspace, what makes me think that I'll have any better luck finding the identities of people who have been concealed from me? Of course, that line of thought opens the door to the question of whether it's better to know them or not. Is it better to just leave that space empty of everything save questions? Once you know who your parents and family are, you're stuck with them. Good, bad, or indifferent, that doesn't change. Do I take the chance that I have some crackhead for a parent, or just go on not knowing? The flipside argument is that they could be a multi-kazillionaire. If either of them was, I could only assume they would have put some detectable effort into finding me if they really wanted to. Do I make the assumption that everyone is fine with things as they are, or do I put my curiosity ahead of everyone else's needs? It definitely is a situation that would have enormous repercussions that could touch who knows how many people. I also have to be aware that would be no way to form some instant bond with either of them should a meeting come to pass. That assumes that one or both of them is even still alive. So, I guess that I'll just keep chasing this around in a circle until-oh look! A chicken!!

CHAPTER SIX: A Job for the Border Patrol
Creeping charlie has invaded my yard from the back corner of my neighbor's yard. I am not happy about this. I remember that stuff basically destroying the grass in a large part of my grandma's yard. I don't want to go spraying chemicals all over the backyard because of the dogs, but I don't want to spend the whole damn summer pulling the stuff out by hand. So, until I decide what to do, I'm just gonna be pissed.

CHAPTER SEVEN: Solitaire, Anyone?
Game group? Oh yeah, I do remember saying something to that effect a while ago. It does indeed seem that I have let the whole concept of starting and maintaining a game group fall flat on its face. Now that I'm starting to feel better and wouldn't mind actually doing some socializing, I'm going to be working all this OT (I know it was my choice to do it, so I can't bitch about it) and won't really have any time to. I've tried playing cribbage, Robo Rally, Axis and Allies, and Guillotine online, but frankly it sucks rhino ass. Games, for me are all about counters and maps and pieces and dice, arguments over obscure rules, pelting your opponents with Cheetos, loosing complete track of time, and just hanging out. You just don't get that online.

RAPID FIRE
*
I had a thought after speaking to Cromag the other day, and it is to him that this next question is directed: Is that even legal in Georgia?

*An unconfirmed rumor has it that the Amazon is making an effort to create her own tribe somewhere in the wilds of southern IL. These reports cite the recent addition of a new member to said tribe.

*To Dimples: as horrible as it is , and as hard as it is for you to hear it, and as much as you hate me saying it, you're just gonna have to face that fact that you're a cutie. Freakin deal with it.

*Is it considered wrong if one man puts a temporary tattoo on the face of another man using a Sharpie?

*The notion of somewhat warmer weather has seen the movement of the sculpture and wood carving divisions of my studio return to their positions in the garage. One might say I have my very own Studio of the South.

*What seemed on the surface to be a simple project at the folks has now grown to involve a triple partial arbor leg-ectomy.

*It has very abruptly come to my attention that before I consider whether or not I can be both an artist as well as married, I need to figure out if whether or not I can be an artist at all.

*Pinklady says it's stress, I blame old age, abuse of alcohol, and gremlins, but I seem to be misplacing things at an incredible pace lately. So, if anyone out there has seen my claw hammer, tape measure, or drill chuck key, please return them to the Lost and Found box in the front office.

*Very soon to be departing the Basement of Purgatory: Ms Sparkly Drawers! A little sidestep into IN, and a huge leap into a new career. Go forth and kick ass, girl!!

*Very soon to be arriving in the Sunshine State: a little bundle of Lovejoy! I hear they come equipped with multiple pairs of shoes, as a standard feature.

*A nice walk with Kittyluv, spoiled only by the first mosquito bites of the season. Sorry to hear about her loss, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Kilt! Next time we get a chance to take a walk in the woods, I won't be dressed so formal, and can spend more time playing games with you at bou or by you. Don't forget about me...