Sunday, June 8, 2008

MBT from 6.17.7

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Movie Review: Flushed Away

OK, I have to admit that when I heard that the creators of Wallace and Grommit were going to make a movie, and that it wasn't going to involve using the woderful stop motion photograpy and clay models seen in prevoius efforts, I was prepared to write the whole thing off. But I have to admit that there were time when I was watching this movie that I laughed so hard that I almost peed myself. The CGI process captures the wonderfully expressive rounded features of the original clay models, and the fantastically detailed underground settings may have you going frame by frame to pick out all the neat little details that were worked in. As far as the story goes, I found it to be appropriately sappy, especially on Father's Day eve. Just sit back and enjoy it for the visuals. And the French frogs.

No comments: