Sunday, June 8, 2008

MBT from 1-22-8

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

O:8S 4.3

Week three went by without so much as a trace of anything, and very quickly became week four. I almost played a few games, which really counts for absolutely nothing. 22 days in, and I would like to have played 7-8 different games, but the actual total rests at an unimpressive 3.If I were to count 'almosts', I could boost that total to a mind-shattering 5. I know, I know, I'll give you a chance to compose yourselves....

Beyond the game table, winter has finally sunk it's icy fangs deep into the ass of northern Illinois. Sub-zero wind chills and daytime single digit high temps put any protruding or dangling body parts at risk of flash freezing. Can anyone out there remind me why the hell it is that I still live in this forsaken wasteland? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, I have no freakin money because I live in this forsaken wasteland! I must admit, though, it is endlessly entertaining to watch all the fashionable twenty-something form-over-function little chickadees as they scurry back and forth between their cars and whatever heated space they're heading for.

Meanwhile, back at the junction of money and temperature, I ran into the ballsiest comment of the week, when Pinklady's BF Needlenurse called to say that she back from Hawaii and was upset because it was chilly there at night. That's right kids, you heard it here first. She was in Hawaii. Hawaii. If you missed that I'll say it again: Hawaii. Not Kane, Kendall, Grundy, or DeKalb county, but freakin Hawaii. And it was chilly at night. Nicor is emtying my bank account so I can keep from dying of hypothermia, but in Hawaii, it was a tad nippy at night. Talk to the tiki, cause I aint listening no more.

The oddest thing to occur this week involving games arose innocently enough when Big B brought me an ad from the Chronicle for an estate sale that had listed, among other offerings, vintage games. Gee, I'll drive to the other side of town to check that out in a heartbeat. And now I must say thanks B, those two games I did find, they may end up costing me $200K. Turns out the house itself was for sale (duh, it's an estate sale...), and, for the first time in a very long time, Pinklady and I actually both liked something. Would have been nice if it was a pack of gum, or maybe a nice can of soda, but no, it has to be a freakin house. We're gonna go take a second look tomorrow, but at that price, the sharks are gonna be circling, even in this market. Not to mention the fact that our current hacienda isn't exactly market ready, and that place needs a total interior redo. We are talking vintage 70's, from the Brady Bunch style wall mount oven to the fully paneled garage. Did I mention the carpeted bathroom? Is it a beast or a bargain? Remains to be seen.

NOTES FROM ALL OVER

*
The rough weather on the west coast continues unabated, and all I can seem to do is wish DHawk the best week possible under the given circumstances. You got a little peek at the sun, and pretty soon expect some warmth to be heading your way. Just don't go hitting me with your crutch, hon. Wait, did I say crutch? What crutch? We don't need no stinkin' crutches.
*I never did get an answer from KittyLuv on which was better: tip size or volume. All I really know is that one of the blue squeezy bulbs may end up going home in the Buick O' Love. Gotta have something to do when you're all alone at work, right?
*Big thanks for cake and late night txts go out to the Topless Cowgirl. Sorry, still no dreams for you yet, but I'm working with yours. And just to make sure I got this right: it's good that in your nigga, but if I were your bitch, that would be bad, right?
*Has anyone seen my pocketknife? Can't seem to find that or my ZZ Top keychain.....
*Also many thanks to CBJX-RT down around Sandwich way. Two of the dogs love it, and one is scared of it. Who knows where all the marshmallows are gonna end up. I'm wondering if there's some way I can hook it up to an air compressor. Been having lots of fun and all the dogs are gaining weight. What more could you ask for?
*My dearest Haikublonde and RN4.0, I apologize. My travels southward to the Land Of Lums will be delayed till at least March, most likely. Please try to contain your grief. Oh, a couple of the pics you asked for are posted, by the way.
*To Cromag, I have but this to say, 'Dude, where's the shampoo, again?'
*Sympathies to Ms Sparkly Drawers, who will soon be taking a break from KCH to gain some higher knowledge. Unfortunately, it seems to reside in Baltimore freakin freezing Maryland. Good luck, and try to not touch any exposed metal surfaces while you're out there.

No comments: